Sunday, April 26, 2009

Where/how should i plant my daisies?

I bought some Shasta Daisy seeds and i want to start my own little cute garden. My mom had African Daisies and they spread like crazy! I want to plant my shastas in the backyard but i don't want an overgrowth, just an area, maybe 5x5 feet. When i do this should i just pull out the daisies that go outside of my desired area, or should i construct a box to put around the area, or would they just grow under the box?





and what about watering system? i might get a drip system, or i might just go out there and water everything down.

Where/how should i plant my daisies?
Good choice. Shasta daisies are non-invasive and the birds and butterflies love them. They are great for cut flower arrangements, lasting 10 days or more. They like full sun and well drained moist soil. If you have clay conditions, or bad drainage you might want to consider a raised bed. (They are susceptible to rots) You can plant them in a semi shaded area if it is hot and dry in your area.


Drip systems are great. They save water and with all the new heads, you can put the water where it is needed. But you can do that with the hose too if you have the time and don't forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment