Sunday, April 26, 2009

Why aren't my African Daisies blooming?

I bought some Osteopernum to keep in a pot when they were in full bloom, but after about two weeks, the flowers fell off and all the little buds keep dying too. The plant is otherwise healthy. We live in a condo, so I have it in the sunniest location on my property, is it not sunny enough, or am I doing something else wrong?

Why aren't my African Daisies blooming?
There's a couple of possibilities. You could be overwatering or there may be spider mites or other bugs at work on it. Look carefully at the backs of the leaves and down the stems. If you see tiny little specs, you might have spider mites or something and unless you catch them early, your plant is toast. If you see just a few, try spraying them with insecticidal soap. Sometimes you can save the plant that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment